Today in church Al talked about fasting and the different types of fasts. The basic concept being that fasting and prayer will bring you closer to God, assuming that you are serious about it. As he was talking, I started thinking about if fasting would be something I should do right now. Honestly, I don't know if I could. It's no hidden fact that my will power doesn't always hold up as well as I'd like. There's things that I don't want to give up right now and as cliche as it sounds, I don't want to give up alcohol.
I'm not an alcoholic but I do enjoy the occasional drink. Some of the best times I've had these last few months have been at Ella's. I hate that people make me feel like a bad person because I can say that. Then again, I suppose there's a reason behind that.
To be brutally honest, and that's what this whole blogs' goal is, I'm not ready to give it up. Simple as that. I wish there was someone who I could talk to that could understand where I'm coming from and wouldn't judge me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
One of the things about being Christian is that it's a challenge and a hard one at that. God challenges us with things that we don't want to give up and things we want to be in control of. I've struggled with this a lot of late as I've had things I am unwilling to give up. But either He's in charge or we're in charge. Loath as I might be to admit it at times He's a better driver then I am. Probably the simplest/hardest thing to do is to ask yourself why you are afraid to give something up to God. And of course then give up that control. That's what faith is, believing that God will take you in the right direction even if you can't see the destination He's leading you to.
Post a Comment