Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Work sucks, i know...

I have three jobs right now. One is cleaning house, another is front desk in a dorm. The final job is working as a peer adviser in the student success center of the CNR at UWSP. I love this job. I get to work with a lot of students, some awesome, some not so much and I have really awesome co-workers. Well, I thought I did. This requires backstory.

I have made mistakes. A few of these mistakes have involved a particular friend of mine. Three mistakes, in fact. Each one has been my fault and the last of these blew up pretty bad. I know I was in the wrong and I have apologized. Probably not enough. I still feel bad for everything but I think that we've both gotten over it at least to the point where we're making an effort to be normal around one another again. This friend, who I have wronged, is a co-worker of mine.

News of my last mistake (or fuck up, as I like to call it) ended up getting to our co-workers. Now, both my friend and I agree that what happened is our business and no one elses but apparently a few coworkers don't feel that way. I have learned recently that some of my coworkers have been nice to my face and talking complete shit about me behind my back.

The friend that I have wronged has every right to talk shit about me. They do not.

So what do I do? Do I go about my day pretending not to have learned about their two-faced behavior? Do I confront them? I doubt that I will. I could very easily see this just going on with me trying to ignore it.

By the way, I'm no longer angry about the information about what I did getting out. Things happen and I realize it was a mistake. What I'm angry about is that some people don't know how to get out of other peoples business.

maybe I should just quit....

No comments:

Followers